A college education opens many doors for one’s future. At Pittman, Roberts & Welsh, PLLC, we value the importance of a good education and want to help provide more opportunities for students to get higher-level education. That’s why our law firm in Jackson, Mississippi is offering a $1,000 scholarship to students who are going to attend or are currently in their first year of college or graduate school.
Our personal injury attorneys understand how difficult it can be to afford an education. With our scholarship, we’re investing in the future to help students get their education and help improve the future. We first started the scholarship in 2020.
We have announced the winner for Fall 2021!
To be eligible for the scholarship, you will need to write a 500+ word essay on the topic below and meet the following requirements:
- You are attending or planning to attend a school in the United States. This application is also open to new transfer students.
- You must have a U.S. mailing address by the application deadline.
- You must be planning on attending your first year OR are currently in your first year of college or graduate school. You must prove this status by sending a digital copy of your acceptance letter. The college letterhead MUST be included. This can be a JPG or PNG file.
- If you do not have your college acceptance letter, you can use the following as other forms of proof: digital transcripts, your semester’s course load, or an acceptance email from your college.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
Your application should comprise of the following:
- Your essay, proof of acceptance, and a short bio in the body of the email. You have the option to include a photo with your bio.
- In your email, include your name, address, phone number, and the name of the school you’re attending or planning to attend.
- Make your subject line your first and last name and Fall 2021 Scholarship. Example: “Elizabeth Bennet Fall 2021 Scholarship.” Your subject line MUST include this information.
- Attach your essay as a .DOCX or .PDF. If it is copied into the email or not attached as one of those two files, your application will not be read.
- Follow MLA guidelines to format your essay. If your essay requires sources, please cite them.
- Please only send one email. Make sure everything is covered in your email before you send.
- Submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Because of the large number of emails we receive, we will not be responding to most of these emails. There will not be responses to emails asking if we received your application or questions about the application. All the information you need is on this page.
- Any failure to meet criteria or follow the application guidelines may result in immediate disqualification.
Scholarship Essay Question
Your essay should be 500+ words. We’re looking for an essay that expresses originality and creativity. The applicant should be able to organize a well-written essay that’s been proofed for errors. When you submit your essay to us, you’re agreeing that we may feature it on our blog. The winner’s essay will be published. We may make minor edits if needed.
List of past winners: